Monday, January 24, 2011

Opportunity, again

I adore Jane La Fazio. (http://janeville.blogspot.com/) She is an exceptionally accessible artist. I have taken a number of half and full day workshops from her over the past few years. Normally that has involved taking vacation time, telling my husband I am off for a few days and traveling some distance, solo.

This was my first project ( well, a poor photo of it) from one of Jane's workshops. It is based upon a black and white photo of our dog Flossie, an old english sheep dog. It is a combination of paint, marker, quilting, hand embroidery and embellishments.

Jane has an ease of inviting you to explore a technique, or combination of techniques. She takes the fear out of the creative process, and make certain you leave with a sense of satisfaction, and a successful product. (Regardless of your self critic). She "speaks" to both the beginner and the consummate. I always leave from one of her workshops with good intentions to do more, little time and competing priorities.

I just started a 6 month Art Quilt class with Jane this past Sunday. I intend the once a month format, will enable and challenge me to truly explore and build on her lessons and my search for self- expression.. ( Or so I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment